I want to be free

I want to be free

by Vinita Singh

I felt the breeze of the cool air come,
as I passed by the trees.
I was aware, as the wind blew,
across my face and hair.
I saw the dark clouds as,
I passed by the park.
As I thought in my mind,
I wanted to be free like the wind.
Fly high in the sky, like the birds up above,
as they passed by.
I wanted him to talk of love.
Whisper words in my ears of two doves in love.
I wanted to be free like, the fish in the sea
as he chased after me.
I wanted to be free as I danced and also glanced
At the colored peacock feathers nearby.
As I stood nearby I saw two butterflies come by.
I wanted to stare at him eye to eye.
I wanted to be free and sit near the lake
as the waves came and the breeze of the cool air passed by.
I wanted to be free as he said goodbye to me.
 
Copyright © 2004

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is a feeling

Dancing Journey

Lovers by the Rivers by the Grassland