Distracted

Distracted

by Vinita Singh

I’m not calm I’m distracted. Too many things to do.
Too many options my way. Writing words are they my things.
Telling stories are they the way.
Dancing away in my gym shoes, in aerobics finess,
is that my option.
No one knows who I am today.
Is it yesterday, I did not know I’m distracted.
Or have I just overacted.
No one knows my way.
Cleaning things and doing the dishes,
Cooking away with favorite foods,
Chores of everyday that come away.
No one knows my way.
Saying rhymes and taking time with words that
come in my mind.
Listening to music and relaxing is just not in my mind.
Have I overacted, I’m just distracted.
Feeling the cool air or the rain drops fall down on my hair.
Where’s the love of beautiful nature.
I cannot find the calmness, I’m distracted.
What are things that have to be done.
Is it not too many things to do,
I’m not calm, I’m distracted.
 
Copyright © 2004

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love is a feeling

Dancing Journey

Lovers by the Rivers by the Grassland